Last year, I did a year-end meme and my resolutions were to strive for the same things as I did the year before. Some resolutions I have achieved but for those I have not, I’m not going to make any excuses.
This year’s will be a bit more specific and hopefully, I will find the willpower and discipline to see them through.
- Learn to cook. I’m off to a good start. This evening, L and I made bruschetta with smoked salmon and ham. Okay, fine, it didn’t really require cooking but it is a start (and it was goooood).
- Learn make-up. You know, for a girl, I really don’t know enough about cosmetics and the art of bringing out one’s features with brushes and colours. Believe or not, I only started learning to use the eye liner this year. I think this is something I should have more knowledge about so this afternoon, L drove us to town for lunch so I could get some cosmetics from ION (more brownie points). I spent ten minutes talking to the beauty assistant at Chanel learning about brushes alone! Boy, do I have a long road ahead.
- Be on time for work every day. It’s not that I’m constantly late but I do find myself snoozing my alarm one time to many and end up in a mad rush. This year, I hope to be able to have time in the morning to freshen up, say a little prayer, put on my make-up and make my way to the office at a normal pace. I mean it.
- Save money. Be prudent with my spending. What with all the wedding expenses coming up, I think this would be key if I want to end the year with something to my name. That means no car for now, but I can buy cookbooks to accomplish the first resolution, right?
- Have more patience. I think one can never be too patient. I want to try to avoid even the silent, brow-furrowing, heavy sigh of impatience and tsk-ing. I will try to be more tolerant towards everyone around me, especially towards my designer of little initiative, ditzy account managers in the agencies and rude drivers who snatch our parking lots. If my mum can do it, so can I.
Other things which I want to do:
- Quit consuming shark’s fin soup.
- Compile press/magazine advertisements with good copy and creative (this is for work).
- Blog more reflective entries.
- Complete my travel scrap pages and scrap more.
- Read more.
What are your new year’s resolutions? :)